Sunday, July 25, 2010

zumba

I type this as I dance like a crazy rhythmless white girl listening to my Daddy Yankee Pandora station. I know the Zumba craze is old and I am as usual behind the times, but I must post about how awesome it is.

You enter a room full of all ages, races and sizes dressed in baggy t shirts and sneaks with glitter 'jangle' belts wrapped around their waists. In all honesty, you expect very little from these women and then the music starts. Bitches be crazy! Welcome to the most insane and fun hour of fitness you can get in the burbs. Not only is the music great and the dances moves super fun, but these completely unsuspecting ladies can completely rock it. Don't get me wrong, there were one or two tripping and running in the walls, but for the most part it is a dance party and everyone knows the moves. Its the closest I'll ever get to being in a Bollywood movie. I have taken plenty of jazzercise and step aerobics, but this was the first time that I actually felt happy and good about moving. Seeing this housewives, students and bus drivers totally and completely breaking it down gives me hope that maybe I too can dance one day.

So thank you Zumba. And for those of you who haven't tried this craze, DO! It is too fun!

No comments: